RETRIEVABLE MECHANICAL SET SQUEEZE PACKER
Wellcare Retrievable Mechanical Set Squeeze Packer is a full-opening, hook wall packer used for testing, treating, and squeeze cementing operations. In most cases, the tool runs with a circulating valve assembly.
Packer body includes a J-slot mechanism, mechanical slips, packer elements, and hydraulic slips. Large, heavy-duty slips in the hydraulic hold down mechanism help prevent the tool from being pumped up the hole. Drag springs operate the J-slot mechanism on ≤ 3 1/2-in. (88.9-mm) packer bodies, while larger packer sizes ≥ 4-in. (101.6 mm) use drag blocks. Automatic J-slot sleeves are standard equipment on all packer bodies. Circulating valve, if used, is a locked-open/locked-closed type that serves as both a circulating valve and bypass. Valve automatically locks in the closed position when the packer sets.
During testing or squeezing operations, the lock prevents the valve from being pumped open. A straight J-slot in the locked-open position matches with a straight
J-slot (optional) in the packer body. This combination eliminates the need to turn the tubing to close the circulating valve or reset the packer after the tubing has been displaced with cement.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- The full-opening design of the packer mandrel bore allows large volumes of fluid to pump through the tool. Tubing-type guns and other wire line tools can be run through the pack.
- The packer can be set and relocated as many times as necessary with simple tubing manipulation.
- Bi-directional carburized slips provide greater holding ability and improved wear resistance in high-strength casing.
- Pressure through the tubing activates the slips in the hydraulic hold down mechanism.
- An optional integral circulating valve locks into open or closed position during squeezing or treating operations and opens easily to allow circulation above the packer.
- Tubing-type guns and other wireline tools can be run through the packer.
- Double seal elements for easy swab off.
- Hold down buttons activated when differential pressure work.
* For Specification guide please refer Specification Sheet supply with each Product.