BRIDGE PLUG & CEMENT RETAINER
A downhole tool that is located and set to isolate the lower part of the wellbore. Bridge plugs may be permanent or retrievable, enabling the lower wellbore to be permanently sealed from production or temporarily isolated from a treatment conducted on an upper zone.
ISO 14310 and API 11D1 Design Validation Grades
ISO 14310 and API 11D1 design validation grades are as follows:
- Grade V6 = minimum grade (as Customer requirement or Wellcare specified)
- Grade V5 = liquid test
- Grade V4 = liquid test with axial loads
- Grade V3 = liquid test with axial loads and temperature cycling
- Grade V2 = gas test with axial loads
- Grade V1 = gas test with axial loads and temperature cycling
- Grade V0 = V1 with special acceptance criteria (zero bubble)
Wellcare Oil Tools mostly supplies V3 and V0 validation grades.