HYDRAULIC SETTING TOOL
The Hydraulically Setting Tool is used to set Permanent Packers, Retrievable Hydraulic Seal Bore Packers and Wireline set Retrievable & Permanent Bridge plugs. Packer or Bridge plugs run with the wire line adapter kits, attached to the Hydraulic setting tool on the drill pipe and lowered to setting depth. The Tubing fills automatically as it is run in, though a ported top sub in the setting assembly. The ports also permit circulation at any time. A 1 7/16” Ball is pumped down to seat in the hydraulic setting tool. Approximately 1500 psi is applied to set the packer/bridge plug slips. Following which the pressure is increased and / or tension applied in steps of 100-200 psi to fully set the packer and to shear the release stud of the Wire Line Adapter Kit. The Hydraulic Setting Tool along with wire line adapter kit can then be retrieved leaving the packer set in hole.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- The feature of the Model ‘WC-HST’ Hydraulic Setting Tool is that it permits setting on Tubing equipment which could previously be set only with wire line setting tools. This is particularly advantageous in high angle or deviated wells, where wire line setting is extremely difficult.
- Premature setting is prevented by means of a shear screw in the cross link sleeve.
- The Tubing fills automatically as it is run in the hole through a ported top sub in the setting tool. These ports also permit circulation through the Setting tool at any time.
- Particularly useful for setting packers in deviated wells or wells where it is difficult to get down hole with a wire line set packer.
* For Specification guide please refer Specification Sheet supply with each Product.