PACKER MILLING & RETRIEVING TOOL
The Model “WC-CJ” Milling Tool, Product No. WC-21306 is used to mill over and retrieve retainer production packers. It contains a Catch Sleeve with J-pins which is used to retrieve the body of the packer after the outside portion of the packer has been milled up.
This packer milling & retrieving tool is an internally engaging fishing tool designed for the partially milling & retrieving of permanent production packers. This tool is a combination of mill and spear that recovers drillable packers in one trip. It is ideal for high angle holes.
Three different but related models of the Wellcare packer milling tool are available for milling over retainer production packers, cement retainers and bridge plugs. The basic model is the “WC-CJ”
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Minimum Drill-Out Time : The time required to mill over a retainer production packer with a Wellcare packer milling tool generally runs from 2 to 4 hrs. Smaller retainers and plugs require even less time.
- Mills Effectively for Hours : To ensure longer cutting life, the milling shoe is dressed with crushed tungsten carbide chips contained in the special Wellcare Milling Carbide Compound. The size and type of chip used, as well as the method of application, are the result of extensive Wellcare research. When one chip becomes dull and ineffective, another sharp chip is ready to take over its job. Milling action remains effective throughout the entire job. The milling tool can easily mill up the largest packer in one round trip.
- Connections Threaded and Locked : All connections are threaded (right-hand thread) and locked with set screws. There are no keys, keyways, or notches in Wellcare milling tools.
- Milling Shoe Stabilized in Casing : For more efficient cutting action, the milling shoe is stabilized in the casing by the lower portion of the milling tool.
- Packer Milled Over and Retrieved in One Round Trip : With the Model “WC-CJ” Packer Milling Tool, no part of the packer is pushed down the hole since a catch sleeve permits retrieving the remaining portions. After the up-per outside portion of the packer is milled up, the balance is retrieved in over 90% of the jobs.
- Emergency Release: If the packer cannot be retrieved, an emergency release provides for removal of the milling tool from the packer.
* For Specification guide please refer Specification Sheet supply with each Product.