SPLINED EXPANSION JOINT
Wellcare Model WC-SEP Expansion Joint is designed for use above packers in well completions to compensate for tubing movement during treating and injecting operations and where rotation through the tool is required. The design allows torque to be applied through the tool at any position.
It may be shear pinned at one-foot intervals along its entries stroke length, allowing the operator to select the proper expansion and/or contraction stroke that will be required after the splined expansion joint has been installed. The splines allow for torque through the joint.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Rotationally locked at all times for transmitting torque when required.
- Multi-spline design for high torque load.
- Maximized tension carrying capability.
- ID compatible with tubing ID.
- Tool can be pinned at one foot spacing from closed to fully stroked position.
- Shear value can be adjusted by varying the number of shear screws.
- Torsional Rating 10,000 ft-lb Standard Service application at 110,000 psi material yield. 5,500 ft-lb for Sour Service application at 80,000 psi material yield.
- Pressure rating 10,000 psi for Standard Service application at 110,000 psi material yield.
- 7,500 psi for Sour Service application at 80,000 psi material.
TYPE OF SEALS AVAILABLE
- SINGLE CHEVRON SEAL
- DOUBLE CHEVRON SEAL
- V-RYTE SEAL
* For Specification guide please refer Specification Sheet supply with each Product.